Mustard seeds are a very popular ingredient in the American Cuisine. It is available in white, brown and black varieties and is used by the people all over the world. This has the Nutritional value of 3.5 OZ per 100 g and energy of about 1,964 kJ (469 kcal).
In these Mustard related seeds and oils, we have the Vitamins of Vitamin A equiv., Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and also the Minerals of Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium and Zinc. We also have the Carbohydrates of Sugars and Dietary fibre.
By grinding and mixing the seeds with the water, vinegar or with any other liquids, a yellow condiment is created which is known as Prepared Mustard. Mustard seed is the second most popular spice that is traded around the world.
Health Benefits of Mustard:
- Mustard seed is used in treating worm infestation, itching, psychiatric disorders, low digestion strength and also in the treatment of blood pressure.
- Mustard is very good for reducing weight.
- The presence of some compounds such as glucosinolates and mirosinase in Mustard seeds that are known to use phytochemicals to inhibit the growth of Cancer cells. These are also beneficial in treating diabetes and detoxification of the body.
- Mustard seeds are a source of relief for people having Rheumatic Arthritis.
- Migraine occurrence also reduces owing to the magnesium content present in the Mustard seed.
- Mustard in general is known to relieve any congestion problems in Respiration.
- Also to avoid Nightshades, a daily usage of these Mustard seeds must be done.
- These Mustard seeds are responsible for the prevention of Asthma Attacks.
Skin Benefits of Mustard:
- Mustard seeds are used as a Natural scrub by mixing those with some rose water to scrub your face and it Exfoliate the dead skin.
- Mustard seeds, used with aloevera gel, can act as a great combination to hydrate your skin. It also removes all the impurities from your face and gets nourished.
- Usage of these Mustard seeds slows ageing and this is an excellent antioxidant.
- These helps in preventing the skin infections.
Hair Benefits of Mustard:
- Vitamin A in the Mustard oil which is extracted from the Mustard seeds is a great nutrient for Hair growth.
- By usage of these Mustard seeds, there will be less hair fall and it gets Strengthened.
- Mustard seeds which contains fatty acids are known to condition your hair deep within and also gives hair a good shine and bounce.